If you already have a Membership Toolkit account with the WRMS Wildcat Club, or another organization,
you can use the same log-in here. Need more information?
Welcome Blue Jays!
Dear BCE Families -
A warm welcome to all our BCE families, returning and new! We hope you had a wonderful summer and are as excited as we are to begin the new school year. The Booster Club has a new board with some new ideas to streamline the 2018-19 year. Below you’ll find a few useful items to help you navigate these early days.
Mark Your Calendars
20th - Kinder Back to School Night 5 pm - 6 pm (parents only)
21st - Kinder Playdate, 9:30 am on the BCE Playground
21st - Lemonade Social, 10 am-12 pm in the BCE Gym
22nd - 1st Day of School
22nd - Parent Coffee (open to all parents returning and new) 7:45 am - 8:45 am in the BCE Library
26th - All Star Burger Spirit Night, 4 pm - 8 pm
Improvements & Updates
Library - We are thrilled to introduce some promised improvements and “upgrades” to our school library. The space is more future-ready and was made possible by generosity of parents like you during our No-Hassle fundraiser (NHF) last year. A big thank you! BCBC donations paid for new paint, tables and chairs, soft seating (coming soon), display boards and a Lego wall. We are excited for the kids to see the new space and enjoy reading and learning in the new environment for years to come! In phase 2 of the library update, we would like to purchase new carpeting, freestanding, moveable bookshelves, and a circulation desk.
Water Fountains - In addition to the library update, we used the NHF donations to replace all of the water fountains in the school with new, filtered water fountain/bottle fillers!
You can celebrate your Blue Jay's birthday by having their name and birthday displayed on the BCE marquee for an entire week! Don't wait...marquee spots sell out fast! Purchase your child's birthday spot for $25 here! (You will need to be logged in to access.)
Yearbooks will be available for purchase on our website next Monday, August 20th at 10am!
School Supplies Kit
If you ordered school supplies for your child they will be delivered to her/his classroom before the first day of school. (You can check your email for a receipt from info@EducationalProducts.com). If you missed the ordering deadline do not worry, you have a couple of options!
1.You can build your own kit on the EPI (BCE kit provider) website. If you would like to consider this option, visit www.educationalproducts.com and use school ID - BAR008. *Please check delivery date before ordering to insure they will arrive before the start of school.
2. A quick Target run or a visit to Amazon.com should get you all the items on the list (please see supply list attached below, organized by grade).
Whether you shop for supplies or build your own kit through EPI, we ask that you please pay $39 for the Activity Fee. You may do so by visiting the "School Supplies & Activity Fee link" above. (activity fees were included in the cost of the school supply kits, so those who did not purchase the kits through the school link will need to pay this fee). The Activity Fee covers the following:
- Copy paper & wipes used in the classroom throughout the year
- Transportation costs for field trips, and
- Classroom funds for parties and events.
One of our goals is to ensure our parent community knows about the variety of booster club sponsored events, programs and initiatives taking place at BCE. Here’s how we plan to do that:
- Booster club website: This is your main source of information on booster club upcoming events, volunteer opportunities, booster club related purchases including spirit wear and more! If you haven’t already, please go ahead and create an account for your family so you can receive the weekly newsletters and see everything that’s going on with the booster club. You will be asked to select your student's teacher. If you sign up before teacher placements are announced, please select "UNKNOWN" under teacher name and update after August 20th.
- Booster club weekly newsletter: Emailed to you to keep you updated on BCE events and announcements. We usually send these on Monday. Please ensure that your information is current on our website to continue receiving the newsletter.
- Facebook: Our private Facebook group is a great way to share information and foster connections within our community. BCE Booster Club Facebook page
If you have any questions, ideas or concerns please feel free to reach out to us. We look forward to seeing you at Lemonade Social on Tuesday, August 21st at 10 am in the gym (kinder playdate starts at 9:30 am on the BCE playground).
Nancy & Laya
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions about the Booster Club or the website. We'd love to hear from you! Also, if you have a chance please check out our brand new facebook page https://m.facebook.com/bartoncreekboosterclub/
Laya Sharma & Nancy Grimm, BCBC Co-Presidents